Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Theory of 2005 baby boom

I kind of believe in the recycling of souls, so when the tsunami happened in South Asia in 2004, I thought that there may be a population boom coming to make up for all those lost lives. Sure enough, many of my friends, including myself, got pregnant within 3 months of the tsunami.

As for the large number of boys, one mother told me that the Chinese astrological calendar predicted that this past year would see the birth of more boys than girls. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Vivian said...

Angus thought I should share my own feelings about the sudden population boom. So, to counter Jessie's uplifting, spiritual, feel-good thoughts (no offense, Jessie):

People, stop procreating. The world is full.

My excuse for being a mother? He wasn't planned. We're going to the castration doctor the day before Valentine's Day to make sure it doesn't happen again.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jessie said...

I love Vivian's stance on population growth, and laughed outloud when I read the comment. After over 10 years of using almost every type of contraception (including Norplant), I got an IUD soon after Caleb's birth. Yes, he's adorable and I love him, but parenting has kicked me in the ass! Get lots and lots of ice (or frozen veggies in bags) after daddy's visit to the urologist, Vivian...he's giving you one of the best gifts a woman can ask for on Valentine's day.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger g005e said...

In all the annals of recorded history, I do believe this is the first time the words "castration" and "Valentine's Day" have been used in the same sentence

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger g005e said...

Oh and Jessie - that frozen veggies idea sounds pretty kinky ... I might try it too, anything else you recommend? :)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

Snip, snip...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home